Saturday 13 August 2016

Fire and water.

I cannot believe that it has been so long since my last blog. I lost my desk in the last installment of house updates. I have it back now, though the updates are not quite finished.
As sit writing this I am listening to fire planes flying over head. Fires are everywhere in Galicia at the moment 50 new ones per day according to the local news and the tragedy is that many are started deliberately, some because the fires themselves create employment. Its all made worse because one of the cuts during the economic recession was of fire watchers. Meaning that by the time fires are spotted they are already out of control. Of course there would be fires anyway, we have had no rain for a couples of months and high temperatures (well for Galicia) the wet spring ensured that there was plenty of undergrowth to dry out and provide fuel.
I have tried to get a photo, though its not really that clear.

this is the view from my bedroom window. The haze is smoke.


On the upside we found a river beach that we never knew existed which is quiet, clean and even better only 15 minutes from home. We have been swimming 3 times already If only we had known sooner. Never done much river swimming before but I fear I'm addicted!


No comments:

Post a Comment