Saturday 28 April 2018

Still no Floor so a little more garden

Well the third delivery date for our floor has been and gone and still no floor, we won't know why till after the weekend. Fretting about it won't get it here any sooner so we thought that we might as well get on with other things.

Steve has had his usual battle with tools that have been in the shed unused over the winter and refused to work when taken out. The lawnmower responded to a bit of bashing with the hammer and so we now have a neatly mowed Parking area. The strimmer, however remained stubbornly silent and no amount of poking and prodding would get it to work. Steve gave it a stern talking too, and put it back in the shed. He will give it one more chance in the morning, this technique has, rather surprisingly worked in the past.

Steve may have had a frustrating day, but I have made strides with the little greenhouse project. I have planted  four different types of chillies (kindly brought from the uk my our friends John and Cath) and coriander seeds. I have space left for a single tomato plant, which I intend to buy in hope of some early tomatoes and a pot which I may plant up with Strawberries as the sheep have eaten those I had previously.
I have also weeded the paths and put down a layer of woody mulch. I found also a load of leftover seeds from last year. A bit nibbled on my mice I might add. I never throw old seeds away I will either plant them in odd corners of the garden or in pots on the patio to see what comes up. A surprising number grow even when the packets have been kept in dreadful conditions or even rained on.


I Have tucked a Bucket for small tools and a bucket of wood ash under the table for use over the summer. We have a small garden shredder / mulcher and  I like to keep a wire bin of mulched material on hand as it has endless uses it gradually composts down anyway and any leftover adds to our compost supply, we have never yet managed to produce sufficient compost I use piles of the stuff.












1 comment:

  1. How frustrating that the floor is delayed again! Good to hear that you’ve planted the peppers though xx

    ReplyDelete