Tuesday 18 September 2018

Plans for the autumn

It's been a funny summer, odd in terms of almost everything. The weather has been different, not terrible but certainly much more variable than in recent years. We have steadily been working on the house and whereas we have not finished we will not take on any more big projects for a few years. What I am determined to do though is finish all the little jobs that never quite get done. It will be a little bit at a time though as Steve is back to full time teaching this week.
My veg garden never happened, there always seemed to be too much going on. I am hoping to get the preparation done for a spring start. In the meantime, we have a whole lot of wood to chop as its getting uncomfortably close to winter.

There always seems to be too much to do. Have you noticed that?  I spend a lot of time wondering how I will fit things in. We recently had some friends staying with us. We have had such a good time with them. But I also have to thank them for moving a giant pile of builder's rubble from my garden and (if that was not sufficient) mending my badly broken spade.

 Honestly, you have no idea how inspiring an empty space can be and there are even built-in steps.


This is my spade all ready for use. So thank you, John and John, for all your hard work. My intention is to gradually get the whole yard in order over the winter. Keep reading for updates. This will make it more usable by our Airbnb guests and friends alike.Please note I have now included a link to our listing in case you ever feel like coming to stay.

I am also in the midst of a creative writing course, having decided after years of messing with blogs etc.that with some practice and study I can make writing a part of my income source. Smallholders need many and various sources of income and writing would fit in nicely, and I enjoy it which is always a bonus. Again keep reading for more information there, I have also started a separate blog for my writerly exploits, there will be a link as soon as I can work out how to do it. As part of that process, I am planning to keep this blog updated with all things to do with smallholding.

Speaking of income, I am back to teaching English again from Wednesday for at least one or maybe two afternoons a week.

Gosh, I am exhausted just writing that lot down, but we have more exciting plans in the future which are not firm enough to include yet. 


1 comment:

  1. Great that you are getting into the writing again. We are still peddling our book looking for that first deal and I am still writing the odd short story. I shall be following your blog/s with interest - Nicky

    ReplyDelete