Wednesday 5 March 2014

The garden

For me, a fair-weather gardener if ever there was one, we are are at the start of the gardening season. With the exception of a few trees planted midwinter the garden has been left to its own devices through the winter. I come with with a few excuses such as water logged ground but since every year is the same I have to conclude that for me gardening is a summer activity.

Today it  didn't rain  hurray!!!! so I got the chance to sort out my greenhouse . My green house is tiny and more that a little ramshackle and as such has been the subject of ridicule on more than one occasion. I stand resilient to attack because it has served me well, nurturing seeds in the spring and growing winter salad (when I brave the cold and wet to plant them).
 In the autumn I flung a couple of half packs of leftover seeds onto the seed bed by the green house and was rather gratified to find that they are growing , Ok so there is more weed than seed at the moment  but you can just about see the baby lettuce if you look hard.

I love that we get to eat something from the garden everyday, even in winter, and a little bit of spring sunshine makes me think of the coming years good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment