Tuesday 16 December 2014

Creeping Christmas

I have never been one of those people who shop for Christmas in January or has rows of cakes puddings and mince pies lined up on the work surface of the kitchen in November. Here in rural Galicia away from the rampant commercial reminders of the approaching season Christmas really does creep up on us, so here we are scrabbling for presents and still undecided on how to spend Christmas day.

On my hook.

When I decided to reinstate my Etsy shop a couple of months ago, I rushed to make a pile of hats and scarves so that the shop would look inhabited quickly. I have had th
e shop for a couple of years with nothing much in it so I hadn´t even the new shop excuse for it´s sparseness. Having done that I realise that I want to focus on other things, maybe more original arty pieces or bigger things, blankets shawls, throws. The truth is I don´t know yet so crochet journey for a while will be quite eclectic.

At the moment I am working on a shawl. My aim is to make it simple and elegant but warm enough for a winter evening. The picture you see is a work in progress. I will post a better picture when I have a completed garment.

And the rest

 I have wasted yet another afternoon trying to make this computer do want I want it to do. Please tell me it gets better and that windows 8 is the best thing ever. I still cannot print,  explorer won´t let me blog (I have down loaded google chrome for the purpose) and I have to stop every 2 minutes to let the security software do something. At this rate I will be a bald old lady.


No comments:

Post a Comment