Tuesday 30 December 2014

holidays

Holidays are never quite as planned are they. Not only has our mild winter weather turned cold (but beautiful) leaving the garden frost bound all day
Even our abundant nettles have a frosty coat all day


but I have been More or less confined indoors with a painful attack of sciatica unable to move or stay still with any degree of comfort. At least most people have had or know someone who has had sciatica so I am laden down with advice  most of which I cannot act on till the pain has subsided a little more.





Still my limps up and down the garden are glorious and the views more stunning than normal clear edged and sparkling on account of the the frost.

No snow here there rarely is but the distant hills are covered and no doubt we will see a little if the cold snap continues.

Plenty of people have have suggested interesting exercises for by back one of which was demonstrated in a Chinese restaurant on Christmas day much to the delight of the other diners. I will try them all and already have tried some.

On my hook

You would think that I have done nothing but crochet for the last week, But to be honest I have struggled to concentrate on anything but when the next pain killer was due. Miss Marple has come to the rescue though a friend give my a load of radio plays and I have been so thankful for them this week.

The couple of days though I have been feeling better, Sadly my shawl isn´t finish as I ran out of wool and I know that there will be no more in the shop till mid Jan. However I have been playing with flowers. Plenty of roses but more to come of other persuasions I´m sure as they are quite satisfying to produce                                                                                                                                           




No comments:

Post a Comment